Creating a question bank is essential for online exams for several reasons:
- Diverse and Varied Assessments: A question bank allows educators to compile a wide range of questions covering various topics, difficulty levels, and question types. This diversity ensures that the exam adequately evaluates students' knowledge and understanding of the subject matter
- Avoiding Repetition: With a question bank, you can minimise the likelihood of repeating the same questions in multiple exams. This helps maintain the integrity of the assessment process by ensuring that each exam is unique and unbiased
- Randomization and Security: Online exams often require randomization of questions to prevent cheating. By having a large question bank, you can easily select a subset of questions for each student, ensuring that no two exams are identical. This reduces the possibility of students sharing answers or obtaining questions in advance
- Flexibility and Adaptability: As the curriculum and learning objectives evolve, a question bank allows educators to adapt and update the assessments accordingly. New questions can be added, outdated ones can be removed, and the difficulty level can be adjusted to align with the changing educational landscape
- Time and Effort Saving: Creating a comprehensive question bank may require an initial investment of time and effort. However, once established, it becomes a valuable resource that can be reused for future exams, saving considerable time and effort in the long run
- Analytics and Assessment Analysis: A question bank integrated with an online exam platform often provides analytics and assessment analysis features. These tools enable educators to gather valuable insights into student performance, identify areas of improvement, and make data-driven decisions to enhance the teaching and learning process
In summary, a question bank enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of online exams by providing a variety of questions, ensuring exam security, enabling randomization, accommodating curriculum changes, and facilitating data-driven assessment analysis.
To add a new question, kindly navigate to Academics → Online Exam → Question Bank → Add Question → Enter Details → Save.