A record is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System (DNS) used to map a URL to an IP address. DNS records are stored in DNS servers and work to help users connect their websites to the outside world. When the URL is entered and searched in the browser, that URL is forwarded to the DNS servers and then directed to the specific Web server.
For example, if your Campus 365 hosting is done in the Campus 365's server, it might normally be accessed through schoolname.campus365.io. You may also want to access it through schoolname.myerp.com. One way to make this possible is to add an A record that points to our server's IP Address. When someone visits schoolname.myerp.com they will see the exact same content as schoolname.campus365.io.
How can I create A Record?
Each hosting service has slightly different ways to create A records. Guidelines are provided here for some of the common services. When in doubt, check with the particular company you're using for additional help or instructions. Contact the support team of the company where you purchased the domain name.
- Log in to your account at www.godaddy.com.
- Open the Domains tab and select My Domain Names. You'll be directed to the Domain Manager page.
- Click the domain that you'd like to associate with your Campus 365 instance.
- Click Add New A Record in the box labeled A.
- For the Name, enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use. Eg: demo
- Enter the IP Address as the Points to. Specify a TTL or use the default setting of 1 hour.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.