Before using the Campus 365 platform, you must read this:
Knowledge & Training
- In a day or two, you won't necessarily learn everything about Campus 365. Despite being the most user-friendly ERP system for academic institutions, Campus 365 platforms include hundreds of modules that require at least one to two weeks of focused use to fully grasp. One of your team members can be given the responsibility of becoming familiar with the Campus 365 platforms. You can consult the articles that outline the implementation preparation steps.
- We advise you to test the application on an instance before deploying the live version. To set up a free demo, go to https://www.campus365.io/contact-us/#contact-form
- An institution cannot adopt the Campus 365 platform in a day or two. The platform for enterprise resource planning is called Campus 365. You must complete this process in stages. The current student's information must be entered before you may use the application's fundamental modules, such as News, Calendar, etc. then navigate to the Exam, Fee, etc. modules. Prefer not to implement each module straight away.
- In the institute, there should be at least one administrator user who is extremely familiar with the platform. The platform administrator must assist the application's other users.
- Before accessing or deploying the Campus 365 platform, the user unquestionably needs to go through its workflow.
Common Errors and uncertaintiesA. Your logo must be 150 x 45 pixels in size in JPG or PNG format, with a maximum file size of 1 MB, and images must be at least 25 pixels tall and transparent. If not, your logo might come across as clipped or blurred.
B. You could indeed add a favicon, which must be in one of the supported file types, namely JPG or PNG logo files with a maximum size of 1 MB. Favicons are icons associated with specific websites that are typically displayed in the address bar of a browser accessing the site or next to the site name in a user's list of bookmarks. The ideal logo should be 32x32 pixels in size.
C. Without first creating another administrator account, do not delete or modify the default admin user. You should remember to keep the admin ID so that you may log in again after deleting or editing something. Provide a valid email address for the admin user so that you can reset your password even if you forget it (SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) settings should be done so that email works).
D. If you don't have a bulk SMS API configured and linked into the Campus 365 platform, you cannot send an SMS from that platform. Either buy the monthly/yearly SMS limit from Campus 365 or purchase an SMS API that can be integrated with the platform.
E. You can test the application on the demo platform or use it for demo purposes. Testing should not be done on your primary account. This has the drawback that you might be unable to remove some specific garbage data due to interdependence difficulties (e.g., a batch cannot be deleted if students and subjects are added to it). The only option is to delete the entire database, which requires that you input all the relevant data from scratch.
F. In order for data to be imported using the Data Import/Custom Import module, proper format must be followed. If not, there might be a problem and the data wouldn't upload. The file should only be saved as a CSV. Only enter data into the required fields and in the advised format, as instructed in the training manual. Prior to data upload, necessary fields should be created (courses and batches, employee department, position, etc.).
G. There should be no other third-party plugins or services installed alongside Campus 365. We advise hosting other software like Moodle, BigBlueButton, Tally, and others on different servers or operating systems before integrating them with the Campus 365 infrastructure.
Hosting, assistance, and personalisation
- The hosting is advised by Campus 365. The Campus 365 support staff will assist you with deploying the application exclusively on recommended servers if you intend to host Campus 365 on your servers.
- If you are hosting your own server, you must have extensive server knowledge. Only the Campus 365 platform will be used, with assistance from the Campus 365 team. You are responsible for handling all additional server-related tasks, such as backup, server log files, redundancy, folder permissions, etc.
- If you host the application on your own server, Campus 365 will only offer help if the source code and database are both intact.
- Since Campus 365 is a product, requesting individual features is not recommended. Only feature recommendations that are included in the product's pipeline will be considered. Subscribers can submit feature improvements in our Feature Request Forum, but if more clients agree, we'll add it to the product plan.
- If Campus 365 is not hosted by Campus 365, you must therefore clarify the bug in full in addition to any relevant screenshots when submitting a support request. You should also grant root login access so that we can examine the issue.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.